Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ah, the days of Summer



Well this old nasty weather can leave now. I absolutely HATE Winter, I love Spring, Fall, heck give me the hot days of Summer! You can have the ice, snow and below 0 temperatures. I was cleaning off my desktop and ran across these pictures from the beginning of the school year. Well the pictures just made me want to cry for the sun and days of capris. As previously mentioned in earlier posts my younger sister and I are Elementary Art Teachers, this year we both did a project called "Pinwheels for Peace." We had our students (all 550 each)create pinwheels and then on Sept. 21st we planted the pinwheels in the front yard of the school. I had my students do a certian color per grade level so then I could plant them like a rainbow. It was an awesome sight to see. It was also a really great way to talk about such things as installation art and collaboration art. The kids loved it and the parents enjoyed seeing them out there. Ok off to work, hey lets all do a sun dance, maybe that will bring Spring on faster! -Misty

No comments: